According to published report of the National Council of Resistance of Iran about Antwerp terror trial of three Iranian terrorist:
On Thursday, a court in Antwerp, Belgium, heard the appeal case of three Iranian operatives who had attempted to bomb the “Free Iran” rally in Paris in 2018. During this court session, two explosive experts testified. The experts’ testimonies shed light on shocking dimensions of the possible casualties if the bomb had exploded.
Thursday’s court session again underlined what inhumane and criminal motives this foiled bombing had. The operation was ordered by the Iranian regime’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, and the target was Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the Iranian Resistance’s president-elect as well as other participants in the “Free Iran” gathering.
According to expert testimonies on Thursday, the regime’s explosive experts made this bomb in Iran. Iran’s diplomat-terrorist Assadollah Assadi had transferred the bomb from Iran to Austria using a commercial airliner on June 22, 2018. Assadi had delivered the bomb to Nasimeh Na’ami and Amir Sadouni on June 28, 2018. French authorities confiscated the bomb from the couple’s car on June 30, 2018. The following are technical details of the bomb.
General Overview of the Technical Assessment of the Bomb
- The bomb had a professional structure that indicates that it was designed by explosive experts inside Iran.
- The bomb contained 596 grams of TATP explosive material. Its dimension was 832 cubic centimeters, as determined by accurate calculations by Belgian police experts.
- Contrary to the defendants’ claims, the structure of the bomb was designed to increase the amount of shrapnel propelled by the explosion and add to its lethal effect.
- The bomb partially exploded while being defused, injuring a police officer who was standing 80 meters away. Had the bomb fully exploded, the extent of the damage could have been much greater.
- According to the accurate assessment of police experts, the blast would have been lethal for up to 53 meters.
Therefore, since the targeted venue was crowded, the bomb’s explosion could have resulted in hundreds of deaths and injuries. The casualties would have increased due to the resulting chaos and people’s attempt to leave the place. The bombing could have turned into the greatest humanitarian catastrophe in Europe in the 21st century.
The trial attracts a lot of attention from Belgian Media. For instance, Belga News Agency reported: “Foiled attack on Iranian opposition: experts confirm lethality of an explosive device.
HLN news agency published a full report about the demonstrations of NCRI supporters in front of the appeal trial. “My brother was tortured to death because he gave music lessons.” The Iranian resistance movement has been protesting for days in front of Butterfly Palace during appeal hearing against ‘Iranian terror couple”
During the second session of the appeal trial of Iranian regime terrorists in Antwerp, Iranians, supporters of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) rally in front of the Antwerp court. NCRI supporters are holding banners calling Belgium and EU countries to keep the Iranian regime accountable for conducting terrorist attacks on European soil. Iranians hold the pictures of Maryam Rajavi, president-elect of the NCRI who calls the EU to stop the policy of appeasement, to end the reign of impunity in Iran, and shut down Iranian regime embassies in Europe that the Iranian regime uses as a network for terrorism and organized crimes.
NCRI supporters rally in front of the court of appeal on December 9, 2021.
NCRI supporters rally in front of the court of appeal on December 10, 2021.